Sochi, Krasnaya Polyana, Russia
May 29 - 31, 2013
A key communication platform for leaders of the railway business, the Strategic Partnership 1520 (SP1520) provides annual analysis of the railway transport performance across the wide gauge area. The SP1520 seeks to help coordinate polices on railway transport development across the 1520 to secure it is on the cutting-edge of global transportation market. In 2013, the SP1520 focuses on business models of national carriers and organisational model of transportation market.
On May 31 Boris Poretskiy, partner at A.T. Kearney, was invited to moderate a session “Reloading: Outlines of the New Operating Market” where the following topics were discussed.
- Consolidation of operators: a natural process or a forced measure?
- Rolling stock manufacturers in the role of transportation companies: elements of a new business strategy
- How is the price pressure on freight owners changing as tariffs for empty running is now unified?
- Self-regulation for the operators: one, two, or several non-profit organizations?
- Wagons for lease: will the growth continue in light of ever excessive volume of rolling stock across the network?
At the heart of the discussions are the three main pillars of the railway industry: transportation, infrastructure and rolling stock. With over 20 interactive formats annually, the SP is a gateway to focused debates with high-level executives and policy-makers, business leaders, academicians, as well as heads of national railway companies from both 1520 and 1435 gauge systems. More information about the Forum is available here.