27 March 2013
Passenger Forum 2013 - the event focused on the interests of the passenger - was held on 27 March 2013 in Moscow at the RIA Novosti International Multimedia Press Centre.
The forum is designed to promote thorough discussion of issues relating to the development of passenger transport in Russia, and involved senior figures from transport industry ministries and agencies, commercial companies, and representatives of transport science and civil society.
Boris Poretskiy, partner at A.T. Kearney, was invited to moderate a session “Train Speed: Social Mobility as a factor of sustainable development” where the following topics were discussed.
- Competition between different modes of transport as a driver of growth in passenger market
- Can the right balance be found between public financing and borrowing? The future of infrastructure bonds and the advisability of using pension funds
- Social mobility and transit potential at the same time: separate infrastructure for high-speed lines as a tool for encouraging faster container freight
- Long-distance transportation: what is the national carrier banking on to make sure the current growth continues in 2013?
- Affordable commuter rail component of federal and regional social policy
- Increasing speed with the help of cutting-edge railway infrastructure
Vukan Vuchic, a leading international expert on urban planning and the development of transport systems, was a guest of honor at Passenger Forum 2013. The US representative addressed the event’s participants on key trends in transport management in foreign mega-cities and shared some ideas regarding how to optimize transport flows within Great Moscow. More information about the Forum is available here.