31 October 2013
Dr. Soeren Grabowski, a leader in communications strategy development, is scheduled to appear at the Open Innovations Forum 2013, to be held in Moscow October 31–November 2 in partnership with Huawei and MTS. Dr. Grabowski will be the expert speaker for the panel discussion, entitled Net Neutrality: The Smart Way to Net Sufficiency.
As we all know, the role of communications in today’s world is changing rapidly. The communications infrastructure is becoming an integral part of everyday life and a factor in determining the development of the world economy. At the same time, the volume of information contained in networks is increasing, due largely to the heavy traffic of mobile operators and the rapid development of active Internet players. The efforts of the network operators are insufficient to meet network capacity demand, compromising the normal operation of the network and related services.
How can you avoid possible risks and protect communications networks from disaster? What are the trends of traffic growth, and what kinds of networks are needed for the development of the innovation economy? Can regulatory decisions be implemented in this field? The panelists will tackle these questions and engage in an open exchange of ideas.
The session will be moderated by Gary Schwartz, chair emeritus, IAB Mobile & Mobile Entertainment Forum, and CEO, Impact Mobile. The speakers and panelists include the following:
- Wan Biao, President, Huawei Russia
- Yuri Dombrovskiy, Chief Executive Officer, AROS
- Sören Grabowski, Leader of the Communications, Media & Technology Practice in Russia and CIS, A.T. Kearney
- Ruslan Ibragimov, Vice President for Corporate and Legal Matters, Member of the Executive Board, MTS
- Ilya Laurs, Chief Executive Officer, GetJar
- Alexey Maltsev, Executive Director—Head of Government Relations Department, Rustelecom
- Nikolai Nikiforov, Minister of Communications and Mass Media, Russian Federation
- Dmitriy Rutenberg, Head of the Department for Control over Transport and Communications, Federal Antimonopoly Service of Russia
- Anna Serebryanikova, Director, Legal Affairs and Government Relations, MegaFon
- Alexey Sokolov, Head of Network Infrastructure, Yandex
- Dr. Soeren Grabowski , Principal, Head of Communications, Media & Technology Practice in Russia, A.T. Kearney
About the Forum
The global discussion platform, the Open Innovations Forum, is dedicated to emerging technologies and furthering innovation prospects and collaboration worldwide.
The Open Innovations Forum is organized by leading Russian development institutions and the government of Moscow, with the support of the government of the Russian Federation. This event unites representatives of business, policy, science, and education and offers an all-encompassing perspective, and the opportunity to exchange ideas and understand today’s crucial global innovation trends. More information about the Forum is available here.